ACS is a YEAR ‘ROUND school, and does include a Summer Enrichment Program where your child will be participating in workshops and events on site. We have weekly science and environmental themes that are posted on the summer calendar.
In addition to our daily structured activities we offer integrated weekly academic themes. These themes are structured around science and environmental concepts. Included are workshops and hands on experiences for all ages.
Our Junior-K and Pre-K summer program bridges the gap between one on one learning verses the class working through academics as a group. This is essentially an academic boost for any child entering Kindergarten. This summer camp is competitive to others being offered by the school district, but more convenient by being available on site and held during our normal morning program.
Summer Calendar 2017
- 1st-9th Welcome Summer!
- 12th-16th Science Week
* 13th - Mad Science
- 19th-23rd The Great Outdoors
- 26th-30th America
- 3rd-7th Around the World
* 4th - School Closed
- 10th-14th Into the Wild
* 13th - Jungle James Reptile Show
- 17th-21st Exploring Space
- 24th-28th Bug Week
* 25th – Insect Discovery Lab (4-5 yrs. only)
- 31th-August 4th Seasons and Weather
- 7th–11th Under the Sea
* 9th Sandi & Stevie - Ocean Songs Concert
- 14th -18th Down on the Farm
* 18th - 'Little Red Barn' visits
- 21st-24th Creative Art and Music
* 25th - SCHOOL CLOSED - Teacher In-Service
- 28th – Sept 1st Music and Movement
*September 4th and 5th - SCHOOL CLOSED